Bonjour! If you haven’t already realized, it’s 2017 (but I’m writing this post ahead of time, so actually, it’s still 2016, but when you read this, it’ll be 2017.) I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for 2016 to be over.
Recently, I was looking back through my old posts on here (it’s been a year since I started my blog already!) and found one I titled “2016, Here We Come!” My first thought was ‘Wow, remember when we were all so hopeful that 2016 was going to be a great year?’ and then my second thought was to make a conclusion post.
In there, I attached a 2016 ‘bucket list’ that I hoped to do and said that I was going to come back on January 1st, 2017 and tell you how I did, so here we go!
- Stay to my New Year’s Bucket List: For the most part, I did this. I guess you’ll see as we progress through the list.
- Get my book published: Still didn’t do this. Honestly, I can’t even come up with a good excuse for this, it just didn’t happen.
- Write more of my books: I did do this one. Kind of. I wrote a book for NaNoWriMo 2016, but it’s not completed yet and I’ve been working on several other stories throughout the year.
- Read more: Yep! As of writing this post, I read 26 books in 2016.
- Post on my blog regularly: I started out doing this, but then I trailed off a little because I was feeling a little obligated to do it.
- Make a crown for my dog so that he can be king and someday rule the world: I actually forgot about this one, so it didn’t happen, but I did get him a throne (it’s actually just a tiny chair)
- Read all of my TBR before buying more books: Did past me really think this was going to happen?
- Doing more yoga since God knows I need it: Nope. Completely forgot about this one as well.
- Learn to draw something other than stick figures: I’m actually so proud of myself for getting this one done! I’ve been taking an art class for extra credit and I’ve learned a lot! I now know how to draw cupcakes, heads, and owls. Not all of them look very good, but they’re not stick figures! 😀
- Go to violin lessons every week: I actually quit violin lessons because I didn’t like my teacher and I wasn’t learning anything, so I’ve been teaching myself. I do violin every other day and it’s going pretty well. While I didn’t do EXACTLY as the thing said, I’m counting it.
- Get my Learner’s Permit: Did this in early July! I’m still working my way to an actual licence, but it’s going pretty good!
- Work on my grades. Mostly math: Eh. I mean, I’ve been getting good grades, but I don’t know if I’ve improved any since last year.
- Write more poetry: I tried this in the beginning, but then I found that I don’t understand poetry. I can’t read it and I certainly can’t write it. Maybe if I put my everything into trying to learn, I could do it, but for now, it’s still a mysterious form of writing to me.
- Try at least ten new things in 2016: I should have been making a list, but I doubt it was ten things. Honestly, though, 2016 has been such a long year that I can’t remember half of the things I even did.
- Finish making my 2016 calendar that has been sitting in my closet for months: Nopety nope nope.
- Win NaNoWriMo!: Woohoo! I did this and a day early in November!
- Find new flavors of tea: I tried some fruity teas, but found that it wasn’t my thing so I’m sticking with regular flavors like white, green, and black. Also, I got a box of different teas for Christmas and I’ve been trying those. There should be a YouTube video of that coming soon. 😉
- Go to a book signing: Did I do this in 2016? I think so. Well, I went to the signing with Rachel Hawkins and V.E. Schwab and wrote a post about it on here, so it only makes since to say it was 2016. So, yes. I did.
- Meet a famous person: Define famous. And define meet. I met Rachel Hawkins and V.E. Schwab (and interviewed them!) but they might not be the definition of FAMOUS. And then I was in the same room as Andy Biersack, but that doesn’t mean I MET him. 😉
I guess 2016 was productive. Looking back on all of the things that have happened in 2016, though, I’m surprised I did anything other than crawl under a blanket and think about the decisions of the world. And because I want to have at least a LITTLE hope for 2017, I’m going to be making another bucket list for the year.
- Win NaNoWriMo!
- Get through a 2017 reading challenge without giving up.
- Donate during Project For Awesome.
- Get my driver’s licence.
- Stay alive.
- Make my dog a crown since I didn’t do it in 2016.
- Read AT LEAST half of my TBR pile.
- Finish watching TWD. (I’m behind and this is an important goal to have, okay?)
- Don’t spend all my money on books.
- Talk to people IRL more often.
- Finish writing The Writer and the Artist.
- Finish writing Light the Way.
- Win Camp NaNo at least one time.
- Put more songs on the album I’m doing with my sister (more on this later 😉 )
- Pet 5 different cats.
- Beat my own high score on Just Dance.
- Get through 11th grade without failing.
- Figure out how to do a winged eyeliner
As you can see, most of these aren’t actual goals, but honestly, I don’t think 2017 will be any better than 2016. I will be back with another one of these in January 2018… Wow, that seems like so far away.
Thanks for reading, everyone. Have a great year and don’t give up. No matter how much we have to go through, I know we can do it. 🙂 Keep writing, loves.