I’m coming at you today with a conclusion to a tag I created at the beginning of the summer. If you remember it, I said that I would do a follow-up at the end of the summer and it’s well past that time. If you don’t remember or you never read it, you click here to view it before continuing.
Now, I will proceed to tell you what I have done and an explanation for each of them!
- Build a sandcastle: I did not do this. I thought this would be one of the easier ones but it’s been so rainy in Texas that we never got a chance to go to the beach.
- Have an ice-cream party: Didn’t do this either… I kinda forgot about this one.
- Pick a summer-themed song: I DID do this one! My summer themed song was Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake. 🙂
- Make s’mores: I also didn’t do this one. We roasted marshmallows over a barbeque pit a few times but we didn’t have any graham crackers so I don’t think it really counts as s’mores.
- Break a Guinness World Record: I always knew that I wouldn’t have done this. I mean, it’s not like I can’t do it, but I’m usually a really lazy person so it would have been crazy if I said I did this one. 😉
- Vlog as much as possible: Again, nope. My YouTube channel so far only has the few vlogs from Camp NaNo which is way less than what I could have made possible.
- Play flashlight tag: I would have done this if I had anyone to do it with me. It’s kind of pointless to play tag by yourself…
- Make a t-shirt: I so wanted to do this, but I never got the chance! I even got as far as drawing a template and everything, but I just never got the supplies.
- Bake a pie: I baked a chicken-pot-pie…?
- Correctly sing a French song: I did do this one, though no one was really there to witness it… Still, I sang all the words to Je Vole by Louane.
- Spend a day watching old movies: When I made this, I don’t even know what I had in mind. What defines old? I watched a whole bunch of 80s movies but even those aren’t necessarily old.
- Take a picture every day and fill up a scrapbook: Nopety nope nope. I did this for the first four days of summer, but then I realized that all of the pictures would be the exact same. It rained for most of the summer so we didn’t go anywhere and I definitely wasn’t going to take pictures of myself every day…
- Watch a sunrise/sunset: In order to watch a sunrise, I would have had to get up earlier than 10am which is easy in theory until I set my alarm that early and turned it off without knowing… As for sunset… yeah, I don’t even know. I just didn’t do it.
- Send a message in a bottle: How do you send a message in a bottle without going to the beach? I mean, I guess I could have sent it down the street with all the rain we’ve been having but it wouldn’t have gone far.
- Say yes to everything for a whole day: Oh, I forgot to do this! This one was probably the easiest one and I completely forgot about it until this very moment.
- Make a candy pizza: This would not have been a good idea…
- Dye my hair: I did do this one. I dyed my hair a few weeks ago in this burgundy shade where inside, it looks purple, but outside, it looks red. 😉
- Get a sun-tattoo: Mmm… I kind of did this. When we went on vacation, I sat out in the sun for quite a while and I got the faintest hint of a tan around the sticker I put. Then, I was going to do it again the next day to make it more pronounced, but it rained that day and then we had to go home.
- Learn the Parent Trap handshake: Nope. I was looking forward to this one, but never go around to it.
- Try new makeup looks: Not really… I mean, when I went to the Andy Black concert, I did my makeup a little darker but not very different from my normal look.
- Dance in the rain: You’d think that with how much rain has been pouring down here I’d be able to dance in the rain, but it never came up. I pretty much forgot about everything in this list…
- Take pictures in a photobooth: It turns out that we don’t have any photobooths around here…
- Leave a note in 5 library books: Surprisingly, I didn’t go to the library. I mostly read the books that I already own.
- Make Harry Potter recipes: I wrote this one hoping I would have already bought the recipe guide, but it never happened so I couldn’t make the recipes.
- Twilight marathon: I was going to do this with my best friend who as much a Twi-hard fan as I am, but the only day that we were both free was after summer.
- Tweet a joke every day: I did this for the first week or so in summer, but then I ran out of jokes that I liked. It’s actually really hard to find funny tweets that everyone would understand and that weren’t dirty.
- Go to the movies: I actually went multiple times. We went to see The Angry Birds Movie (which wasn’t very good in my opinion), Suicide Squad (which is now my new obsession), and I feel like a few more that I can’t think of at the moment.
- Participate in a read-a-thon: I participated in the 24in48 read-a-thon and I won! I even got some snazzy socks to prove it! 😉
- Play hopscotch the length of a street: I could give some excuse like I didn’t have any chalk and whatnot, but in reality, I didn’t want to do this one. It seems fun in theory, but after I gave it some thought, there were some big flaws in this plan. One being the 103 degree weather we experience in Texas.
- Read at least 5 books: I only read four books which is actually really disappointing. They were: Infinity, Me Before You, Infernal Ties, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson.
- Join a book club: I joined a virtual book club on Goodreads, but never went as far as reading a book from it. Still, the thing I wrote down was join a book club and I did that. 😛
- Go to a concert: I went to the Andy Black concert for my birthday and it was the best day of my life, no joke.
As you can see, I pretty much failed. But that doesn’t mean you did! Tell me in the comments what you did this summer (or winter depending on where you live…) It can be a list of things or even a major thing! 🙂
As always, thank you so much for reading; you are the only reason I’m still typing away at 9:00pm instead of watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix. 😉 I post reviews on Mondays, tags on Tuesdays, my favorite #1lineWed tweets on Wednesdays, sometimes excerpts or short stories on Thursdays, Chapters of Face All the Pain on Fridays, and Random Ramblings on Sundays. I’ll see you all later but until then, keep writing, loves.
Find my previous post here: Lego House- Ed Sheeran | Short Story Thursday