Your regularly scheduled program has been interrupted because someone so incredibly awesome nominated my blog for the Liebster award! Her blog is Tangling Thoughts and if you’ve never read any of her posts before, you are really missing out.
I probably couldn’t explain it better than she did, so I’ll just put a quote from her blog right here. And here’s a link to her post.
“After doing some research, I guess I figured it out now. The Liebster Award (which can actually be translated as the “loveliest” or the “sweetest” award) is a form of acknowledgement for “new” bloggers.”
The rules are really easy:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave you
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think deserve the Liebster Award
4. Let the bloggers know about their nomination
5. Give them 11 questions they should answer
Going to rule number 2, I’m going to answer questions that Jedidja made for her nominations.
1. Why and when did your start blogging?
I posted my first blog post in early December of 2015 because one of my good friends Mollie tagged me in something, so I did it. 🙂
2. What is your favourite reading spot?
My favorite reading spot is my bed. I pretty much do everything on my bed.
3. Where do you buy most of your books?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I don’t know if this means a writing pet peeve or any pet peeve so I’m just going with the latter. My biggest pet peeve is when people lick their fingers before taking apart pages. I think it’s completely disgusting and there’s no use for it.
5. What is your reading goal for this year? (For example a certain amount of books you want to read or a challenge you want to attend this year)
My Goodreads reading challenge is to read 55 books in 2016.
6. What is the last book you finished reading? Did you like it?
The last book I finished reading was The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin and I LOVED IT!
7. What is the worst book you ever read? Why?
I really didn’t like Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. The book had poor word choice and the characters all got on my nerves for one reason or another.
8. What is your dream job?
I couldn’t wait to answer this question! If you didn’t know, I’m a sophomore in high school, but I have been thinking about my career for some time. My dream job is the be a publicist in the Harper Teen portion of Harper Collins Publishing. I love writing, but I’m not so sure that I want to have a career solely based on writing, so I’m sure this is a happy medium and Harper Collins is my favorite publishing company.
9. Who is your favourite author?
My favorite author is John Green. He has such a beautiful way of telling a story and developing characters.
10. How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
I’m a person who tries. (You might not know what that means, but I do and it makes perfect sense, so I’m just going to leave it here.)
11. What is your favourite book quote?
My favorite book quote is a long one, but it’s by Ransom Riggs in one of his books in the Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children series (I forget which one).
“Stars, too, were time travelers. How many of those ancient points of light were the last echoes of suns now dead? How many had been born but their light not yet come this far? If all the suns but ours collapsed tonight, how many lifetimes would it take us to realize we were alone? I had always known the sky was full of mysteries but not until now had I realized how full of them the earth was.”
These are my nominations for this award. Some of these bloggers have restarted their blog, but I think that it still counts as new. 🙂
Here are the eleven questions that I made for all five of my nominations:
- What is your favorite word?
- What point of view do you write in?
- Approximately, how many books do you own?
- What made you start a blog?
- Do you have any kind of fandoms (books, TV-shows, movies,etc.)?
- When did you actually start referring to yourself as a writer?
- How long have you been writing?
- Are you a planner or a pantser?
- What’s a book that you would recommend to anyone and everyone?
- What’s the title of the first writing project you wrote or attempted?
- Do you listen to music while you read/write?
Thank you again to the lovely Jedidja for nominating me for this award. You don’t know how happy it makes me feel.
Thanks for reading and I hope you come back to my blog and listen to my ramblings some more! Love you all! ;*