Here’s another Tag Tuesday! Today I’ll be doing the Mean Girl’s Book Tag created originally by Sarah Jane on YouTube.
My mom and I love the movie so I thought what the heck? Let’s do it! I tried to get some variety but it’s kind of hard when you’ve only read like 200 books in your life.
1. “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?
I’m going to go with Luce Price from Lauren Kate’s Fallen series for this one. I thought it was pronounced like ‘Lucy’ but in a video of the author reading it, she said it like ‘loose’.
2. “She doesn’t even go here!” – Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?
I think Mara from the Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin would be a good person to put in Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone. Her and Sam could get along really well and I think Mara needs to write some poetry and get her feelings out somehow.
3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” – Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you deja vu of another book whilst reading it?
This one is kind of hard… I’m going to choose a series that has books that I think repeat instead of comparing different books. I’m going with the Marked series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. Those books seemed to be the exact same thing over and over again with a different title. 😦
4. “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and wh****. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and wh***.” – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
Again, this is hard. I don’t think I have an answer for this one. The first thing I think of, though, is a few sentences in Marked (another reason I didn’t really like it.) I left a full review on Goodreads so you can check it out there and read the sentence I’m talking about.
5. “You go Glen Coco!” – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
Definitely Kile from The Heir by Kiera Cass which is the 4th book in the Selection series. (If you didn’t know, The Selection is about finding a princess for the prince and The Heir is the exact opposite.) Kile was definitely my favorite bachelor and I can’t wait for The Crown (coming May 2016) to see who Eadlyn picks!
6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
It really depends. All of the times I’ve been to a bookstore has been with someone because I don’t have a license so they make me hurry. I’m sure if I was able to, I’d pretty much live in a bookstore. 😛
7. “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
Definitely Dorothy from Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige even though she probably would just get rid of it with magic. It’s worth a try, though!
8. “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” – Which over-hyped book were you cautious about reading?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I’m still wary of it (I haven’t picked it up yet) and it’s still sitting on my shelf, but I took a step forward and bought it so I’m getting there.
9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” – We all love Regina George. Name a villian you just love to hate.
Ooh! Every time I get asked this question, I say Victoria from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I just love that she is so intent on avenging her love’s death so she will do everything she can to stop someone else’s love. I also liked that two different actresses played her in the movies. It gives it a little surprise!
10. “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.” – Your favourite fictional parents.
I really liked Mia’s parents in If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Her parents loved her so much and you could see that but they were also really cool and funny and I wished they were real so that I could meet them. 🙂
11. “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
I feel like the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike doesn’t get enough love as it should. If you haven’t read them, you definitely should. 🙂
12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” – Describe your ideal character to read about.
I think my ideal character would be a strong person but not like all Kung-Fu Panda on everyone. I also feel like people who are a little bit goofy without cracking jokes 24/7 add a great touch to a story. I also like characters who can be set on something but will give it all up for the one they love even if that sounds extremely cheesy.
13. “I just have a lot of feelings.” – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?
Cry. I cry when it’s a sad book, I cry when it’s happy, or when it’s angry. I think I just don’t cry enough so any emotion makes me cry. 😛 The first book that I actually cried with was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I’m not ashamed to admit that I was in bed for an hour after I finished it and I was just crying.
14. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your Mom’s chest hair!” – Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
I love that quote so much! Too bad I never have an excuse to use it. Now, to the question. This is one of my favorites from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare:
“…Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?’
Jace said, “Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself.”
…”At least,” she said, “you don’t have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland.”
“Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”
15. “Boo, you wh***.” – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes?
I know you’re probably going to scream and throw your computer at a wall, but just listen…I’m going with Zoey from Marked. I know, I know. (I really don’t like this book). Zoey made such horrible decisions that sometimes I wished she was real so that I could punch her…or at least tell her what happens if she does what she does.
Thank you for reading and I’m sorry once again that it’s kind of repetitive. Tune back in next Tuesday for another Tag Tuesday!