I figured since I didn’t have anything down for Tuesday on my post titled Back in the Game, I would just do some tags.
Here are the questions for the tag I’ll be doing today which is the Unpopular Book Opinions Tag!:
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
For this, I’m going to have to go with Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. My best friend loved the series so I of course picked it up and it was not as good as everyone had said.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Of course I thought of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer first and I was going to pick something else but I couldn’t find anything. I’m pretty quick to jump on band wagons and usually love whatever everyone else loves so Twilight will just have to do.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like. (This one may contain Spoilers!)
Hmmm…. again, I pretty much follow along with everything so whoever the person ends up with, they end up with. It did make me kind of mad in Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead when Rose ended up with Dimitri (though I LOVE Dimitri) instead of Adrien. I thought Adrien was a better boyfriend.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Maybe Historical? I hate all kinds of history whether it’s fiction or not. It’s boring and I can’t stand to read it unless I can’t sleep. History tends to get rid of my insomnia. 😛
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
I kind of want to say Daniel Grigori from Fallen by Lauren Kate. I don’t know why, but I liked Cam a lot better even though he was supposed to be the “bad guy” (obviously other than Satan).
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Maybe P.C. Cast? I really didn’t like the Marked series but I haven’t tried to read anything else by her.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I’m not really sure what to put for this one. I’m honestly not tired of any tropes I usually hear because I love them so much!
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Lord of the Rings? Game of Thrones? I don’t know.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Definitely The Maze Runner by James Dashner. The first book was okay but I enjoyed the movie way more. 🙂
Sorry that this was kind of boring because I’m not very good at making decisions (especially when it comes to books). As you can see, most of them were I don’t know and for that, I’m sorry.
What tags would you like to see me do next?