Happy New Year! Hopefully you’re having a good time, counting down the minutes until 2015 is over or maybe you kissed someone at midnight. I’m only looking at my watch and flinching every time someone pops a firework.
I like making a New Year’s Bucket List rather than New Year’s Resolutions since the definition of ‘resolution’ is a firm decision to do or not to do something. The definition of a ‘bucket list’ is a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime. Instead of lifetime, I’m making it 2016.
These are all of things I’d like to do in 2016 but it’s flexible. New Year’s Resolutions have too much pressure along with it so here’s a lighter version. Without further ado, my goals to stay alive in 2016!
- Stay to my New Year’s Bucket List.
- Get my book published.
- Write more of my books.
- Read more.
- Post on my blog regularly.
- Make a crown for my dog so that he can be king and someday rule the world.
- Read all of my TBR before buying more books.
- Doing more yoga since God knows I need it.
- Learn to draw something other than stick figures.
- Go to violin lessons every week.
- Get my Learner’s Permit.
- Work on my grades. Mostly math.
- Write more poetry.
- Try at least ten new things in 2016.
- Finish making my 2016 calendar that has been sitting in my closet for months.
- Win NaNoWriMo!
- Find new flavors of tea.
- Go to a book signing.
- Meet a famous person.
I’ll report back on January 1st 2017 to tell you how my goals went! In the meantime, I’d love for you to share your New Year’s Resolutions/ Bucket List! Maybe we’ll have some of the same goals!